Ohio’s Opioid Curricula: Fundamentals of Addiction
The Fundamentals of Addiction course will focus on understanding addiction, the impact of addiction, signs and symptoms addiction, and will identify myths and facts about addiction.
Understand the nature of drug addiction and its impact.
Recognize the signs and symptoms of addiction.
Identify how to screen for addiction.
Differentiate between myths and facts about addiction.
- RN/LPN Contact CE: 1.0
- Counselor CPEs: 1.0
- Social Work CPEs: 1.0
- Psychologists MCEs: 1.0
- Number of CEUs: 1.0
Awarded 1.0-hour AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ toward the AMA Physician’s Recognition Award for completing this CME activity
COUNSELOR EDUCATION CLASSIFICATIONS: 1.00 C1 – Theories of Addiction/Addiction Knowledge
PREVENTION EDUCATION CLASSIFICATIONS: 1.00 P1 – Planning & Evaluation
Funding for this curricula was made possible by grant number 1 H79 TI080261-01 from SAMHSA. The views expressed in written materials or publications and by speakers and moderators do not necessarily reflect the official policies of the Department of Health and Human Services; nor does mention of trade names, commercial practices, or organizations imply endorsement by the U.S. Government.
- General Course Guidelines
- Course Recertification Guidelines
- Course Instructors
- Fundamentals of Addiction: Understanding Addiction
- Fundamentals of Addiction: Impact of Addiction
- Fundamentals of Addiction: Signs and Symptoms of Addiction
- Fundamentals of Addiction: Myths and Facts About Addiction
- Test: Fundamentals of Addiction